Monday, 3 April 2017

JAMB ‘will not’ extend registration period for UTME candidates. cc @DrJoeAbah

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it will not extend the registration period for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

Fabian Benjamin, JAMB spokesperson, made this known on Monday in Bwari, FCT.

Benjamin said that so far, JAMB had registered 600, 000 candidates across the country.

He observed that some applicants were seeking extension of the UTME registration deadline due to irregularities in the ongoing registration process.

The JAMB spokesperson said it was wrong for any person to also think that there is inadequacy in the number of centres stipulated to register candidates for the UTME.

Benjamin said that measures were on ground to ensure the regulated platform could help candidates get registered before the end of the month and to prevent irregularities in registration.

“We have already registered 600, 000 candidates since sales of form began March 20, how can there be inadequate centres or lack of manpower, when we have more than 400 centres,” Benjamin said.

“There is no such delay as alleged by some candidates, the issue here is that plenty people are registering for the UTME at the same time.

“The internet is working, if it is not working how then we arrived at the total of 600, 000 that have so far been duly registered.

“Large numbers of applicants seeking to register for UTME go to the Banks allocated for the exercise that is why there seem to be some form of delays and irregularities.

“Before we used three banks and now it is 15 banks because the period is short, but we are not going to extend the registration period, before deadline every candidate will register,” he added.


No comments:

Post a Comment